Saturday, January 19, 2008

Why did I get LumLum's iTunes list?!?

Wow... Apple... seriously. First they make yet another round of mandatory "security" updates. THEN, when I finally agree to make their stupid iTunes updates I lose my list and everything and end up with some random person's? It's not even in English... I mean, seriously for shame Apple, for shame...

Now, although I agree that there are tons of potential security holes in iTunes, this was obviously a thinly veiled cover-up for their new additions to enable the support of Movie Rentals in the iTunes interface. Luckily, I know this already though, because Apple finds it tough to keep a secret and all three of my main email inboxes were hit with notifications of the new Movies feature the day before the updates.



Well, I wish them luck, but I think they are going the absolute wrong way with these online Movie rentals. They should instead focus on finding interesting and innovative ways of maintaining and growing their existing dominance in Music downloads. How about using your power in this area to build a user experience that drives music sales back up again? It's not that unlikely, just look at what innovative companies like last.fm, Napster, Pandora and SprialFrog are doing. The music market is not entirely dead, unless Apple just lets it continue to die its current swift death...

No comments: